Flipkart

Saturday 10 September 2016

In conversation with Anna del Mar

  
Logline:

Ex-military pilot Seth Erickson is fighting his own demons, but when he finds Summer Silva, a beautiful, warmth-loving, Miami woman stranded in the frozen wilderness, he’ll do everything in his power to keep her safe from murder, treason, and the ruthless Alaskan winter.

Back Cover Blurb:

When a mysterious stranger is your only hope...
The scars of the past have left their mark, both physical and emotional, on former military pilot Seth Erickson. Off-grid in the far reaches of the bitter Alaskan wilderness, he wants only to be left alone with his ghosts. But he can’t ignore a woman in need—beautiful, stranded and nearly frozen with fear.
Summer Silva never imagined that the search for her missing sister would leave her abandoned on a wintry back road, barely escaping with her life from a cold-blooded killer for hire. Now, hiding out in the isolated cabin of the secretive wounded warrior who saved her, Summer knows she must do what she fears most. Putting her trust in a stranger is all she has left.

All defenses are down

After a fiery first night together, Seth and Summer are bound by a need as powerful as a Bering Sea superstorm—and vulnerable to enemies just as fierce. For Seth, reawakened by desire, there is no sacrifice too great, no memory too dark, to keep Summer safe. But murder and treason lurk everywhere and Summer may not survive Alaska’s ruthless winter.

A Wounded Warrior Novel. This book is approximately 110,000 words

Short Description:

When her sister runs away with a guy she met on the internet, a warmth-loving Miami architect chases her reckless sibling to Alaska and finds her life in danger from more than the elements. Only a stranger, a wounded warrior who is also Alaskan tycoon with a quarreling family as complicated as her own and no time for a lady in distress—let alone one who walks on her sleep—can save her from disaster. Together, two strangers from different worlds and opposite spectrums of the thermometer must unravel the intrigues that threaten their lives to chase after a new dream, together, in majestic Alaska.

Author Interview

1. What inspired you to write the book?

Funny you should ask. A while back my kids dragged me out to Alaska. Alaska wasn’t at the top of my list of places I wanted to visit. It seemed cold, remote and maybe even a little dangerous. But my kids were set on it and off we went on an adventure that transformed into many more trips after I fell in love with the beauty and the people of that magnificent state.

2. When did you realise that you want to write a book?

I’ve always known I wanted to be a writer. Since I was a little kid, trying to sound out the words on my first reader. Storytelling is part of my heritage and I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t imagining stories in my head.

3. Who helped you in writing the book and please say about their contributions?

Lots of people helped with the writing of The Stranger. The first bunch didn’t even know about it. They were the people I met during my travels to Alaska, the many folks willing to share their experiences with me. Then came my husband, who is always my first reader and who shared in my Alaskan adventures. After that, I relied on my alpha readers, a group of friends, relatives and colleagues whose opinions I value and respect. My editor Nancy Cassidy from The Red Pen Coach whipped the first draft into shape and Kerri Buckley, my amazing editor at Carina put the final touches on it, making sure the characters matched the voices I heard in my head.


4. How is your book going to inspire the readers?

I hear quite a few readers have started to plan visits to Alaska after reading The Stranger. One reader wrote that she was looking for jobs out there. My hope is that Summer and Seth’s story will warm the readers heart and take them away in an unforgettable journey that shows how two people from different backgrounds and opposite spectrums of the thermometer can overcome tragedy, treason and their own demons to reclaim their lives and find happiness, together, in majestic Alaska.


5. How do you find time to write and which part of the day is best for writing for you?

I’m very lucky that I get to write full time these days. I make writing my priority and that means that the majority of my productive time is devoted to my stories. I do a lot of editing through the day but the creation usually happens at night when everyone else is asleep and the house is quiet.

6. What is the best advice, you would give for writers who are trying to write a book?

Write a lot, often and consistently. Finish your story. Find a great editor who understand your genre and listen to what she has to say. Keep at it.

7. What are your hobbies?

I enjoy walking, swimming hiking, kayaking and reading. I absolutely love traveling, although I could do without the airlines messing up my travel plans. I say that because I was just caught in one of those institutional computer glitches that stranded me for two days at the Miami airport. Good thing I always carry my laptop with me.  

8. What can we expect from you in the future?

I’ve had four releases with Carina Press this year, including two novels for my romantic suspense Wounded Warrior series, The Asset and now The Stranger, which just came out August 22nd. The Wounded Warrior Series is easy to pick up because it can be read in whatever order you wish. Each novel features strong heroines and brave, kickass, sexy alphas who have one thing in common: These extraordinary warriors will challenge their limits and do anything in their power to protect the women they love. They’re hot, focused and skilled. They’re a rare breed and I hope that comes true in The Stranger as well.

If your tastes gravitate toward the naughty side of the equation, I also have a brand new erotic romance series that combines guts, brain and heart with hot, edgy, smouldering sex. The first erotic romance novel, At The Brink, just came out May this year. I just finished the edits on the second novel, To The Edge, coming November 2016.

Next year brings a third book to both series, and the writing continues.

***

Embedded links:

Author Email: Anna@annadelmar.com

Book Title: The Stranger

Author Name: Anna del Mar

Author Location (for press releases) Florida

Name of series and book number in series: The Stranger, A Wounded Warrior Novel, Book Two

Genre: Romantic Suspense, Contemporary romance, SEAL romance, Military Romance

Publisher: Carina Press

Date of Publication: August 22, 2016

eISBN: 9781459294301

ASIN: B01EF3MHSU

Number of pages: 323 pages

Word Count: 110,000 words approx.

Formats available: Epub, Mobi

Cover Artist: Carina Press
  

Buy Links For The Stranger:

Amazon:


Carina Press:


Barnes and Noble:


Kobo Books:


Google Play:




Author Bio:

Anna del Mar writes hot, smart romances that soothe the soul, challenge the mind, and satisfy the heart. Her stories focus on strong heroines struggling to find their place in the world and the brave, sexy, kickass, military heroes who defy the limits of their broken bodies to protect the women they love. Anna enjoys traveling, hiking, skiing, and the sea. Writing is her addiction, her drug of choice, and what she wants to do all the time. The extraordinary men and women she met during her years as a Navy wife inspire the fabulous heroes and heroines at the center of her stories. When she stays put—which doesn’t happen very often—she lives in Florida with her indulgent husband and two very opinionated cats.

Author links:

Blog: http://www.annadelmar.com/blog/
Facebook: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge